Your use of this website constitutes acceptance by you of the following conditions of use:
1) Copyright and Trademarks: This website is owned and operated by Bradt Travel Guides Ltd under the imprint Footprint ('Footprint') and the information and materials appearing on the website ('the Content') are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only. All software used on this website and all Content included on this website (including without limitation website design, text, graphics, audio and video and the selection and arrangement thereof) is the property of Footprint or its suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws. None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of Footprint. This excludes the downloading of one copy of extracts from the website on any single computer for personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. Modification of any of the Content or use of any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out herein (including without limitation on any other website or computer network) is prohibited. Requests to republish any of the Content and to use quotations or extracts from any books published by Footprint should be addressed to the Permissions Department at the address set out below.
The Footprint name and the Footprint mark are registered trademarks of Bradt Travel Ltd. This website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Footprint, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided and is available without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. In no event will Footprint be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the website.
Footprint does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. The names, images and logos identifying Footprint or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Footprint and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent of the Footprint, or any other third party.
2) Links to third party websites: The website may include links to other Internet websites which are controlled and maintained by third parties. These links are solely for the convenience of users and do not constitute any endorsement by Footprint of the websites linked or referred to, nor does Footprint have any control over the content of any such websites.
5) Liability disclaimer: The website is provided by Footprint in good faith but Footprint does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of the website or the Content or any websites to which the website is linked, and all warranties and representations are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law. The contents of the website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. There is no guarantee that the website will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive. To the extent permitted by law, Footprint hereby disclaims all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the Content, the website and/or any website to which the website is linked, or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using any of these.
6) Changes to these General terms and conditions: Footprint reserves the right to add to or change these General terms and conditions and agrees to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such amendments will be included as part of the conditions. Any changes will be posted to this page and it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that you are aware of any such changes from time to time. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access the website after that time.
7) Information about users: Footprint collects information on what pages are accessed or visited by consumers, as well as information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or website registrations. Footprint uses this information for internal review, in order to improve the content of the website and to notify consumers about updates to the website. Footprint guarantees that if you supply your postal address on-line you will only be sent the information for which you provided your address but if you do not wish to receive e-mail from Footprint in the future, or if you wish to be removed from mailing lists, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or writing to Web Editor, Footprint, 5 Riverside Court, Lower Bristol Road, Bath, BA2 3DZ, UK.
8) Governing Law: These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes that may arise under or in relation to these Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Please read through the following Terms and Conditions of Sale and Purchase ('Terms') carefully. They comprise the terms on which you are permitted to purchase items from Bradt Travel Guides Ltd (Footprint, also referred to here as 'we') on this website (the 'website'). If you submit an order for any item advertised for sale on this website, this shall be taken to constitute acceptance by you of these Terms.
1) If you wish to purchase any of the items for sale on this website, you must submit a completed order. Your order will not be accepted unless you make full payment for your order at the time we accept it. If we agree to accept your order, we will supply the items you have ordered (the 'Product') to you in accordance with these Terms.
2) The sale and purchase of Products via this website will be governed by a contract between you and us formed when you have placed an order and your order has been accepted by us. The terms of the Contract will comprise these Terms, as amended or updated by us from time to time, and the prices and other relevant information about the Products published by us on this website at the time the Contract is formed.
3) We reserve the right to change these Terms at our discretion. We agree to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such changes will be included as part of these Terms. Any changes will be posted to the website and it is your responsibility to ensure, from time to time, that you are aware of any such changes. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to shop on the website after that time.
4) You acknowledge and agree that, in entering into a Contract, you do not rely on and have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to the Contract or not) which is not expressly set out or referred to in the Contract. This is not intended to limit or exclude liability for fraud on our part.
1) You acknowledge that all information and specifications relating to the Products and any material produced by us are approximate only.
2) We may correct any error in any unconfirmed order, sales literature or other document or information issued by us or placed on this website without any liability.
3) We may make any changes in the specification of the Products to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory or European Union requirements which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
1) Where you purchase Products from this website for personal use and not for resale:
a) You have the right to withdraw from any Contract within 14 working days of submitting an order for Products by giving us written notice of withdrawal by email.
b) You will be responsible for and will pay the cost of returning the Products to us by the same method as they were delivered in the event that we have already dispatched the Products to you before we receive your written notice of withdrawal. The Products will be returned at your risk.
c) We will credit your credit or debit card as appropriate for the price of the Products as set out below, provided that the Products are returned to us in the condition they were in when delivered to you.
2) The price of each Product shall be the recommended retail price for that Product (disregarding any special offers, promotions or other discounts) that is quoted on this website on the date you place your order, subject to any inadvertent pricing errors (whether technical or otherwise) by us.
3) The price of any Product excludes the cost of postage, packaging and delivery. The costs of postage and packaging will be specified on this website and are your responsibility. The cost of delivery to the delivery address you specify in your order form (the 'Premises') will be your responsibility. The method of delivery and packaging applicable will be those quoted on this website on the date of the order.
4) The price of the Products is inclusive of any applicable Value Added Tax.
5) We reserve the right to revise the price of any items on this website without notice. We also reserve the right to refuse to supply to you, whether you are an individual or company, for whatever reason.
1) Payments shall be made by credit card or debit card on the date on which we accept your order or by UK pounds.
2) The credit cards and debit cards that we will accept are those listed on this website on the date on which we accept your order.
1) The time and method for delivery will be at our discretion. The place of delivery will be the Premises. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence.
2) If the Products delivered to you do not include all of the Products that you ordered in any particular order or include incorrect Products, you must inform us in writing within 14 working days from the date of delivery. If you do not, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result. In any event, our liability is limited to the price of the Products not delivered or the cost of replacing such Products.
1) Risk of damage or loss of the Products shall pass to you on delivery or, if you fail to take delivery of the Products, at the time when we have tried to deliver the Products.
2) Title in the Products shall pass to you on delivery or, if you fail to take delivery of the Products, at the time when we tried to deliver the Products to you.
1) All intellectual property and other proprietary rights (including, but not limited to: brand names, product names, copyright and trade marks) and all technical, business or similar information (including, but not limited to: all designs, documents and other materials relating to the Products) used in the Products (together Intellectual Property;) are and shall remain the property of Footprint or of our licensors.
2) Other than as stated below, we do not grant permission for the use of the Intellectual Property and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
3) All website design, text and graphics appearing on this website and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of Footprint or of our licensors. None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of Footprint. This excludes the downloading of one copy of extracts from the website on any single computer for personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. Modification of any of the Content or use of any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out herein (including without limitation on any other website or computer network) is prohibited. Requests to republish any of the Content and to use quotations or extracts from any books published by Footprint should be addressed to the Permissions Department at the address set out below.
4) We are the owner of the Footprint name and mark which are our registered trademarks. Any other trademark materials, including, but not limited to, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
1) If you are unhappy with any Product you purchase on this website for any reason, you may return it to us in its original condition within 14 working days and we will provide a full refund. If the reason for the return is the result of our error, or if the item was damaged before it reached you, we will also refund the postage costs.
2) We shall not be liable in respect of any defect in the Products arising from fair wear and tear, neglect, failure to follow our instructions or misuse.
3) Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability arising by virtue of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, or our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any other liability to the extent that we cannot so exclude or limit such liability as a matter of law.
4) Where the Products are sold under the consumer transaction act (as defined by the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976), your statutory rights are not affected by this clause.
5) Save as expressly provided in these Conditions, and except where the Products are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), all warranties conditions terms and liabilities express or implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and we will not be liable to you for any loss of any kind whatsoever which arises out of the breach of implied warranties or conditions or breach of any other duty of any kind imposed on us by operation of law.
6) We will not be liable for any of the following losses which may arise by reason of any breach of a Contract or any implied warranty, condition or other term, any representation or any duty of any kind imposed on us by operation of law:
a) any loss of anticipated profits or expected future business;
b) damage to reputation or goodwill;
c) any damages costs or expenses payable by you to any third party;
d) loss of any order or contract; or
e) any indirect or consequential loss of any kind.
f) Without prejudice to any other provision of these Terms, we will not be in breach of the Contract for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, our obligations under it if that delay or failure was due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
g) We are providing the website on an information basis and we make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the website or its contents and disclaim all such representations and warranties.
1) We may withdraw any Products without prior notice, or liability, to you.
2) If we provide you with information about the use for which the Products are designed and about any conditions necessary to ensure that the Products will be safe, then you must use the Products accordingly.
1) Any notice required under these Terms must be in writing addressed to Footprint, 5 Riverside Court, Lower Bristol Road, Bath, BA2 3DZ, UK. Any notices to you will be sent to your usual billing address. Any notice shall be deemed to be served:
a) if sent by pre-paid first class post to the party to whom it is given, on the second working day after posting; or
b) if sent by pre-paid air-mail post to the party to whom it is given, on the seventh working day after posting; or
2) If any of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3) Each Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts if there are any disputes between them of any kind.
4) Failure or neglect by either party to enforce at any time any of these Terms shall not be a waiver of that party's rights and it shall not affect the validity of the whole or any part of these Terms or the Contract or prejudice that party's right to take subsequent action.
5) Nothing in these Terms is intended to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any of these Terms.
Bradt Travel Guides Ltd Registered in England No: 04138316
VAT registration number is GB 301969460