Take a plunge off Mexico’s Caribbean coastline and marvel at the coral and plants that have been popular with divers since the 1960s. Trek inland and visit Mayan ruins immersed in ancient forests. Stop briefly at the popular sites in Uxmal and Tulum, but stay as long as you like at the lesser-known monuments that are off the beaten path. Footprint's Cancún & Yucatán Peninsula Handbook provides thorough coverage of the area, with detailed information on everything from flamingo feeding grounds to beach resorts in Cancún. Includes Background section with fascinating insights into the history of the peninsula.
• Essentials section with practical advice on getting there and around.
• Highlights map so you know what not to miss.
• Comprehensive listings including where to eat, sleep, and have fun.
• Detailed street maps for Cancún, Campeche and other important towns and sights.
• Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprint Handbook will help you get the most out of the Yucatán Peninsula without weighing you down.